I have used dozens of sewing machines over the years, so I have a good sense of what works and what doesn’t as soon as I start working with a new machine. In this video review I filmed myself using the Singer 4443 for the very first time! Whatever you see on camera is exactly how it went with no edits. My first impression of the machine was that it was simple and attractive and had some good weight to it. But the real deal comes when we put it to work! When I review a new sewing machine I like to use all the basic functions, see if it has any fancy features and then put the stitches to work on a variety of different fabrics.
Here’s the 411 on the Singer 4443 sewing machine:
• The price (The Tuesday Morning price is $149.99 compared to $299.99)
• Mechanical (easier & less expensive to service, no computer chips to deal with)
• Variety of stitches (not just basic utility stitches)
• 3 needle positions (comes in handy for adjusting seam allowances quickly and easily)
• Automatic needle threader (easy to use and very handy!)
• Heavy-duty indeed! Sews through 8 layers of denim easily!
• Easy to select stitches without having to reference user manual (only has two dials to turn)
• Speed! Winds bobbins and stitches fast on full speed
• Awkward thread spool placement (be careful not to yank on it!)
• No needle up/down button (found on mid-level computerized machines)
• No speed control dial (speed is controlled with pressure on foot pedal)
After using this machine, here are my thoughts: If you are on a budget and in the market for a first sewing machine or a secondary travel machine, check out the Singer 4443. This machine would be great for all your basic sewing and quilting needs. You can sew everything from garments to quilts and even home decor items with this one little heavy-duty workhorse. I have 14 sewing machines myself, and I am very impressed with the stitch quality, speed and features on this machine. For the lowest price, check it out at your local Tuesday Morning, while supplies last!
You Could Win the Singer 4443!
Now for the best part of all: We are giving this signed sewing machine away! Click the giveaway below for your chance to be entered to win the Singer 4443 sewing machine!
To enter the giveaway, please use the widget below, which streamlines the giveaway process and makes it easier for you to enter. Please read giveaway terms & conditions below for more details.