We’ve partnered with food and lifestyle blogger Kristen Doyle from Dine and Dish to share festive summer entertaining ideas, including one of her favorite cocktail recipes.
Mixed Berry Mojitos (recipe at bottom)
Summer is finally here and with that comes the opportunity for summer entertaining! From eating alfresco to enjoying cocktails and appetizers on the deck with friends, summer is my favorite time of year for spending time with others.
Tuesday Morning has festive summer entertaining tools and décor right now that will help make your summer entertaining great!
1. This three-tier cart is perfect as a beverage station. It’s on wheels, so moving it around to where your entertaining is happening is simple as can be.
2. Light a candle in style with a woven wood lantern. I love the bright, summery colors of both the cart and the lantern. Nothing says summer like colors that brighten your day!
3. Whether you are staying hydrated with some fresh, homemade lemonade this summer or enjoying an Arnold Palmer on the deck, these trendy chevron jars will ensure you and your guests are sipping in style!
4. Don’t let your wine heat up with the hot temperatures … keep it chilled with this festive wine bottle cooler (available in a variety of fun summer colors to match your outdoor décor).
5. If you happen to have wine leftover, keep it fresh with a beautiful wine bottle stopper.
6. Ensure your wine is safe and sound with these BPA-free plastic wine goblets! Even if you spill your wine (gasp!), your goblets won’t break. It’s the safe option for enjoying your wine outdoors.
7. Even your bottled drinks can be opened in style. This bee-shaped bottle opener is as functional as it is cute!
8. Decorative paring knives are perfect for summer outdoor entertaining. The patterns make cutting citrus for your favorite cocktails a whole lot more fun!
9. Outdoor entertaining wouldn’t be complete without some bowls and plates for appetizers and garnishes. I love the pattern on these bright green pieces, don’t you? So summery!
10. Don’t let pesky mosquitoes ruin the outdoor fun. Keep bugs at bay with these decorative citronella candles designed to fit in with your outdoor décor!
11. Ensure your outdoor bar cart is fully stocked with bar tools …
12. … including a separate cocktail shaker just for outside. You’ll be ready to mix whatever drinks your guests want, like a pro!
13. Beautiful cocktails need to be shown off in beautiful glasses. Go all out for cocktails like these Mixed Berry Mojitos, sangria or other summer sippers by serving them in simple yet stunning glasses.
Now that you have your outdoor entertaining essentials, there’s one more thing you need … an essential cocktail of summer! I have you covered with this beautiful, fresh and delicious Mixed Berry Mojito recipe. Fresh mint from your garden plus berries from your local farmers market makes this the perfect cocktail for a refreshing summer. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Mojitos
(makes 1 cocktail)
- 6 fresh blueberries
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 8 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup chilled, berry-flavored seltzer water
- ¼ cup vodka
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- ice cubes
- Muddle blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mint leaves and sugar in the bottom of a tall highball glass until berries are mostly crushed.
- Add seltzer water, vodka, lemon juice and ice.
- Stir well and serve chilled.
Look for more recipes and stylish décor ideas for summer entertaining, from bar carts to brunches, on our Outdoor Dining pinboard.
Featured products: orange metal three-tier cart $59 (compare at $120), woven wood lantern $19.99 (compare at $40), set of 4 chevron jars $9.99 (compare at $24.99), wine bottle cooler $7.99 (compare at $19.99), wine bottle stopper $6.99 (compare at $18), chandelier stem glasses $2.99 (compare at $8), bee-shaped bottle opener $3.99 (compare at $8), set of three decorative paring knives $5.99 (compare at $11.99), quatrefoil salad plates $1.99 (compare at $6), quatrefoil dip bowls $1.99 (compare at $4), citronella hanging candle $7.99 (compare at $16), martini bar tool set $19.99 (compare at $49.99), cocktail shaker $5.99 (compare at $14.99), Abigail set of 4 highball glasses $8.99 (compare at $19.99).